Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Third times a charm....

Ok. So here we go.  My third time attempting to blog.  This time I need it.  I seriously need to start writing things down.  The time is flying and I don't know if I can handle how fast it is going.  I noticed my last attempt was when my hubs was out of town...and guess what, he is out of town again!  Maybe I like to hang out with him and chat too much rather than jot things down.  I do that...I hang out with him or the kids and don't ever do things for myself....but I really need to try for myself.  Who knows...but this time I am feeling so unorganized with life. Unorganized with my thoughts...not overwhelmed..just unorganized.  Like where to I start.  My life is like my gmail inbox...13,261 emails.  That is my life.  No time to clean it, no time to read it, no time to respond...but feeling the pressure that is needs to be done.  That is my life.  Am I making you anxious?  Am I disgusting you?  It is making me feel both...that is why I am doing something about it.  This blog is one of my starting points. If I write this down and it is out there...I have to do something about it.  I am held accountable.  If I show this to my friends or family or one day my kids, I need them to know that I can follow through and that I will.  And that sometimes my choices are because it is good for me.  I am learning that.  It is a learning process and this is where I start....so here goes nothing:

My last post was in 2014.  A lot has changed since then....I am no longer a mom to three..I am a mom to 4!!!  Family of 6...according to my parents and my husband, I always dreamed of 4 kids.  I could not get number 4 out of my head.  I talked about it so much.  I talked about it at dinner on my 35th birthday and I clearly remember my husband saying "well, that is not at all how I expected dinner to go"....and then right after my 37th birthday we had our 4th baby! I convinced him and the doctors said 4 c-sections will be fine.  So....my littlest man, Davison John, was born on October 21, 2016. We call him Davis or D.  He is going to be one in 3 days...holy shit.  In three days, my baby....the one that I was going to record every memory and write everything down for is going to be one in 3 days.  His baby book is still blank.  I didn't record his first tooth or when he crawled.  Life happened while all those milestones happened.  This is why I need to write this blog.  For me.  So I can remember these funny or fun or hard or happy or sentimental times.  So back to changes (1) Had another baby.  (2) Started working part-time (you'd think I would be more organized...but my part-time is only the "real job"..this "mom-thing" is the real deal....full time/24 hours a day---my brain never stops and the last huge thing that happened was (3) Sold our house/ moved into an apartment/ renovated a house/ moved into the renovated house ....there are so many more things that have happened...but those are the big ones.  So we have been busy!

My goal with this blog is to keep it real. I will write about now and what is happening with me, my kids and family, as well as writing about things that have happened in the past that I just don't want to forget.  I never wrote down things like my birth stories or memories of meeting my husband or memories from college or things that have changed me.  I just want to put it all out there.  It is important for me to be able to share these things and reflect on these things as I am further removed from the experiences and look at them through the eyes of a mom. I know I am going to like this journey...I hope you do too!


No comments:

Post a Comment