Saturday, October 21, 2017

The last "ONE"

Today marks the day that our "last one" turns "one".  I have been dreading this day since before he was born.  They day that I don't have a "baby".... I guess when they turn 1 they before a toddler?  I don't know, but I just know that he will become less and less dependent on me and that means he is growing up and leaving me for college and then getting married and moving away to his wives hometown.  Seriously though....while we were in the hospital after having him, my hormones were crazy and I was crying to Pete saying that he is growing up so fast and almost going to leave for college.  Pete laughed and reminded me that he was only 3 days old. Yes, I over react a lot.  I know this about myself.  I over react too much, but this I have seen happen.  My kids are giants now and grow up so fast!  So back to Davis.  He turned one today.  It was a beautiful October day...75 degrees and sunny.  We have a fun little breakfast and had his high chair decorated.  Then he napped, but while napping Pete took Georgia to the doctor ---strep.  I had strep on Jackson's birthday.  Then Jackson had strep right before my birthday.  Then Bennett had strep last week.  Ugh.    When Davis woke up we had lunch and then opened his gifts.  Our big boys gave Davis a bunch of Sesame Street stuffed animals and books.  We gave him a pirate ship that the boys had when they were little, but we gave away. Georgia needs to get his gift soon, but knows the exact thing she will get him and what store it is from.  The best thing was that when Davis went to nap again and G napped too since she was sick, my big boys (who are still so little at heart), played with the stuffed animals and ship and army guys.  They are the best.  I love that they are still innocent and play together with toys.  When Davis woke up, we head to a little zoo with farm animals.  He loved it.  His eyes were so wide when he saw these animals.  He was so excited.  He started this new little rocking back and forth thing when he is excited, it is so cute.  He did that when he saw some of the animals.  After the zoo, we went to the train restaurant that we have been going to for nine years!  It was a ride down memory lane and a new fresh start for our one year old.  He loved it!  He seriously loves the song "happy birthday"-- he does his new little happy dance when he hears it.  When we got home, I nursed hthe m to sleep.  He is just so sweet.  I love my one year old.
Today wasn't as hard as I expected.  Yesterday's anticipation for today was harder.  I realized that I am so blessed to be celebrating a fourth first birthday.  I am blessed for my 4 healthy children.  Davis turned one today and I am ready for this year.  I am so excited to see him grow and meet his milestones and just be with him and love him and just continue this wild ride of life with our amazing family.  Happy First Birthday, Davis!  I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment